Series Core i7
CPU Socket Type
CPU Socket Type LGA 1366
Name Core i7 Extreme Edition 965
Operating Frequency 3.2GHz
L2 Cache 4 x 256KB
L3 Cache 8MB
Manufacturing Tech 45 nm
64 bit Support Yes
Hyper-Threading Support Yes
Virtualization Technology Support Yes
Thermal Power 130W
Cooling Device Heatsink and Fan included
- 3.20 GHz core speed
- 8 processing threads with Intel® HT technology
- 8 MB of Intel® Smart Cache
- 3 Channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory
- View Intel Core i7 processor Extreme Edition performance benchmarks
- See product image
- Learn about processor numbersΔ
Features and benefits
Get extreme with your gaming and advanced multimedia.
Intel Core i7 processors deliver an incredible breakthrough in quad-core performance and feature the latest innovations in processor technologies:
- Intel® Turbo Boost technology maximizes speed for demanding applications, dynamically accelerating performance to match your workload-more performance when you need it the most.²
- Intel® Hyper-Threading technology enables highly threaded applications to get more work done in parallel. With 8 threads available to the operating system, multi-tasking becomes even easier.³
- Intel® Smart Cache provides a higher-performance, more efficient cache subsystem. Optimized for industry leading multi-threaded games.
- Intel® QuickPath Interconnect is designed for increased bandwidth and low latency. It can achieve data transfer speeds as high as 25.6 GB/sec with the Extreme Edition processor.
- Integrated memory controller enables three channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory, resulting in up to 25.6 GB/sec memory bandwidth. This memory controller's lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.
- Intel® HD Boost significantly improves a broad range of multimedia and compute-intensive applications. The 128-bit SSE instructions are issued at a throughput rate of one per clock cycle, allowing a new level of processing efficiency with SSE4 optimized applications.
- Buy an Intel Core i7 processor Extreme Edition based PC today and learn what it means to really get your game on
¹ Performance based on select industry benchmarks, game titles, and multimedia creation applications. Actual performance may vary. See www.intel.com/performance/desktop/extreme/ for additional information.
² Enabling Intel® Turbo Boost technology (Intel® TBT) requires a PC with a processor with Intel TBT capability. Intel TBT performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. Check with your PC manufacturer on whether your system delivers Intel TBT. For more information, see: www.intel.com/technology/turboboost.
³ Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires a computer system with an Intel® Processor supporting Intel HT Technology and an Intel HT Technology enabled chipset, BIOS, and operating system. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software you use. See www.intel.com/products/ht/hyperthreading_more.htm for more information including details on which processors support Intel HT Technology.
Δ Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/products/processor_number/ for details